This document is the Global Climate Coalition’s (GCC) December 1993 to January 1994 Climate Watch Bulletin (Volume 2 Issue 1). The bulletins were a part of GCC’s larger mission to oppose greenhouse gas regulations and contest the scientific validity of anthropogenic climate change through direct engagement and collaboration with affiliated climate deniers. Its membership spanned across the automotive, utility, manufacturing, petroleum, and mining industries. The bulletins generally updated readers on climate change policy and science developments.
This bulletin featured work of climate denier John Christy in, “Atmospheric Update.” The GCC regularly cited Christy until at least 1998.
This issue also contained the following pieces:
- Busy Climate Schedule in 1994
- Domestic Initiatives
- International Initiatives
- Framework Convention to Enter into Force
- Clinton Administration Opens “Green Room”
- Supercomputers Could Bring Complete Weather Model
- Climate Notes
- Swedish Report Finds Climate Models Inadequate
- European Update
- Computer Models Mistake Rainforest Role
- More CO2 Could Benefit Trees
- Managing Methane
- Industry Initiatives: New Refrigerators Yield Many Benefits
This document is part of the private collection of Nicky Sundt, a Washington-based climate change science, policy and communications expert.
Interested in more GCC documents? See more in the full Global Climate Coalition collection.