This document is the Global Climate Coalition’s (GCC) September/October 1994 Climate Watch Bulletin (Volume 2 Issue 8). The bulletins were a part of GCC’s larger mission to oppose greenhouse gas regulations and contest the scientific validity of anthropogenic climate change through direct engagement and collaboration with affiliated climate deniers. Its membership spanned across the automotive, utility, manufacturing, petroleum, and mining industries. The bulletins generally updated readers on climate change policy and science developments.
This bulletin’s “International News Update” covered decreased European carbon emissions, Japanese emissions targets, and Greenpeace opposition to a New Zealand power plant. In their “Science News Update” the GCC detailed new Department of Energy climate and renewable energy initiatives along with climate studies focused on earth’s natural processes that impact climate.
This issue also contained the following articles:
- INC 10 Concludes, Issues Unresolved
- Weather Extremes Inaccurately Linked to Global Climate Change
- New Study Reports Long-Term Cooling Trend
- U.S. Submits Climate Action Report to U.N.
- The U.S. Climate Action Report
- GCC Appeals to Administration In Response to Misleading IPCC Press Release
- U.S. Submits Climate Action Report To U.N.
This document is part of the private collection of Nicky Sundt, a Washington-based climate change science, policy and communications expert.
Interested in more GCC documents? See more in the full Global Climate Coalition collection.