This document is the Global Climate Coalition’s (GCC) June 1994 Climate Watch Bulletin (Volume 2 Issue 6). The bulletins were a part of GCC’s larger mission to oppose greenhouse gas regulations and contest the scientific validity of anthropogenic climate change through direct engagement and collaboration with affiliated climate deniers. Its membership spanned across the automotive, utility, manufacturing, petroleum, and mining industries. The bulletins generally updated readers on climate change policy and science developments.
The bulletin’s article, “Scientists Testify On Need To Improve Climate Models” cited Sallie Baliunas who researched the sun’s potential impacts on climate. The GCC also cited Baliunas in Issue 2, a summary of 1994 materials, an internal 1996 meeting, and a 1999 Climate Watch brief.
This issue also contained the following pieces:
- GCC Assessing First Step on Joint Implementation
- Cooling Trend More Pronounced Than Previously Reported
- State Department Establishes Ground Rules For Technology Cooperation
- GCC Members Optimistic After Release of Voluntary Reporting Guidelines
- NCA Program Cuts Emissions, Improves Safety, Create Jobs
- EIA Predicts Increased Energy Efficiency
This document is part of the private collection of Nicky Sundt, a Washington-based climate change science, policy and communications expert.
Interested in more GCC documents? See more in the full Global Climate Coalition collection.