This document is the Global Climate Coalition’s (GCC) September 1999 Climate Watch Brief (Volume 5 Issue 28). The briefs were a part of GCC’s larger mission to oppose greenhouse gas regulations and contest the scientific validity of anthropogenic climate change through direct engagement and collaboration with affiliated climate deniers. Its membership spanned across the automotive, utility, manufacturing, petroleum, and mining industries. The bulletins generally updated readers on climate change policy and science developments.
- “…environmental scientist Patrick Michaels criticizes the Clinton Administration for blaming the current drought on global warming and states that “any attempt to hype this thing into something that it isn’t- some type of national or global catastrophe- is a clear and cynical attempt at distortion.”
- ““Those who are worried about global warming can cool down.” – Sallie Baliunas”
This issue also contained the following pieces:
- Roundtable Backs Voluntary Actions, New Technologies
- Mobil Report Says Developing Countries Must Cut Emissions
- Scientists Say Hot Summer Not Due To Climate Change
- U.S. Reaffirms “Strong Opposition” To EU Policy
- World Bank To Invest In Emissions Reductions
- State Law Establishes Registry For Voluntary Emission Reductions
- Developing Countries LEAD “Kingpins Of Carbon” List
This document is part of the private collection of Nicky Sundt, a Washington-based climate change science, policy and communications expert.
Interested in more GCC documents? See more in the full Global Climate Coalition collection.